Holiday greetings! My wish for you this season is that you'll have treasured moments of peace and joy amidst the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I know that for some this is especially challenging due to significant loss. Many of those I work with have experienced the loss of health, loved ones, or relationships. These losses make it difficult to stay organized, not to mention joyful or peaceful.
To me, Christmas represents an extraordinary loss that resulted in an amazing gain. God loves us so much He gave His only Son, Jesus, who "gives light to those who sit in darkness and death's shadow, and to guide us to the path of peace." (Luke 1:79) May peace and joy be yours to the fullest through Him!
- Steal away to a quiet place with cup of hot chocolate, a comfy chair, and your Christmas cards and letters
- Say "no" (in a nice way)
- Get your "to dos" out of your head and onto your calendar
- Prioritize your projects and give yourself permission to focus on the top five and let the rest go, if needed
- Take a nap or a walk
- Schedule coffee with a friend
- Play Christmas music (www.pandora.com)
- Request non-cluttering gifts i.e. tickets to an event, a gift certificate for an organizing session, or a Freedom Filer set
- Set up a Christmas Savings account at your bank
Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
-- Oren Arnold