I can't believe my firstborn has that many candles on her cake! I miss the fun we had when our kids were little, but love spending time with my adult children. It's so important to live purposeful lives in the present. Are your rooms and closets filled with belongings from the past, or "just in case" items for the future? When our past or future clutters the present, we can't fully embrace the opportunities of today. This issue's "Timely Tips" offers some helpful questions to ask yourself as you strive to create a home for the life you desire to live today.
TIMELY TIPS - Top Ten "Keep or Toss" Questions
- Have I used this item in the past year?
- Do I have a definite use for this in the foreseeable future?
- If it's broken, is it worth fixing?
- Does this item serve a worthwhile purpose in my life?
- Is it more important for me to keep this item than to have to space it occupies?
- Do I need to keep it for legal or tax purposes?
- Do I love it?
- If it's sentimental, can I take a picture of it, or keep a portion of it to remember it by?
- Would it be difficult or expensive to replace?
- Do I have more than I use or need?